The C. L. A. M.
Please feel free to call or email the church office (310-822-8094 /firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need more info or have any questions or requests about anything here in the CLAM.
CHURCH LIFE AND MINISTRY
aka: The CLAM
CALL TO PRAY - 2 Chronicles 7:14
Now is the time for us to gather, seek God and worship Him through prayer. Join us on the 3rd Saturday every month ANYTIME between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. at the cottage. Suggested topics for prayer will be available as well as prayer for our church, pastors, family, friends, our nation, government leaders, and our community. Open to all. Led by the Prayer Committee.
Upcoming Sunday Messages:
4/23: “Coming Alongside” - Ryan Granucci
4/30: “10 Values to Build a Strong Family” series begins.
OUR APRIL CALENDAR:
4/14: GOOD FRIDAY SERVICE - We commemorate the suffering and death on the cross of our Lord, Jesus, whose death enabled us to be forgiven of our sins. Holy Communion will be served. Time: 7:30 pm.
4/15, 16, 22 & 29: YOUTH EVENTS
4/15: “THE BUNGALOW” Work Day – 8:30 a.m.
4/15: “CALL TO PRAY” at the cottage every 3rd Sat. at 9:30 a.m.
4/16: EASTER SUNDAY – Come celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus, Who conquered death giving us all an opportunity for a new life. 10 a.m. at the VJCC (12448 Braddock). Bring a friend!
4/16: SANTA MONICA CONVALESCENT HOME MINISTRY - Minister to the residents of SMCH at 2 p.m. Contact Wayne at 310/963-4681 or email@example.com.
4/21 & 28: AWANA CLUB – 7 p.m.
4/22: CM & MOPS presents “AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION” A seminar addressing personal safety for children. This is a potluck event. Please sign up in the main hallway at church, to attend and to bring a potluck dish if you can, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/23: BAJA MISSIONS TEAM (BMT) INFO LUNCHEON - Is God calling you to serve on the BMT this year? Come to this meeting in rooms 2-5 from noon to 2 p.m., for all the details.
4/26: SEABREEZE PREP. VOLUNTEERS – 9 a.m.
4/29: WOMEN’S SPRING TEA – Sign up in main hallway.
ADVANCE NOTICE FOR SOME THINGS COMING UP IN JULY:
7/2-8: JEMS MT. HERMON SPECIAL CAMP ministers to those with special needs. Volunteers are needed Contact: jemsspecialcamp.org.
7/16-21: FAMILY CAMP (FC) – Make sure to include FC at Redwood Christian Park in your summer plans. Registration NOW open.
Register at pcjcfm.org/youth-and-family-events/ or see info in main hallway at church.
7/31-8/4: VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS)
MISCELLANEOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFO
Cars Needed: Two of our parishioners need reliable cars. If you have one to donate or to sell below Blue Book, please contact Pastor Jim.
We’re building a home w/Habitat for Humanity. The Westside Church Coalition has raised $130,000 toward the $150,000 goal to sponsor a Habitat house. We expect to begin building the home this summer in C.C. If you have any questions, please email Habitat@venicechurch.org
8:45 a.m.: ADULT BIBLE STUDY (in room 1/6) - Join Marty Holyfield as he teaches from the book of Romans on Sundays! Establish & strengthen your biblical foundation!
Are you interested in teaching adult Sunday school?
If so, please see Pastor Nathan or call him at 909-230-3777.
If you are interesting in Electronic Tithing/Offering thru your bank, please email Pete Huang at email@example.com and he can get you started.
8 MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES:
1) Goodies for Sunday a.m. fellowship time. Bring donations(ready to serve if possible) to
the tables in front of church.
2) Join the Sunday Hospitality Ministry and prepare the “goodies” tables on Sundays.
Contact Louis Chee at Louis_c88@yahoo.com
3) Children’s Sunday School Teachers /Aides.
4) Help fold Sunday bulletins on Fridays.
5) Help prepare the Seabreeze Newsletter for mailing once a month.
6) Sunday a.m. Ushers/Greeters. Contact Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
7) The Convalescent Home Ministry seeks someone who speaks Japanese to interpret for Japanese woman one Sunday a month at 2 p.m. Please contact email@example.com/310-963-4681.
8) Adults to help with scripture verse learning at AWANA Club. Contact
Commander Steve Tuggy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take advantage of our newly improved & renovated Church Library in room 6. Many great books/DVDs/CDs to check out so check it out!
3 Easy Ways to Support our Church:
1. If you shop at Ralphs and have a Ralphs Club Card, go to Ralphs.com and enter our Non-Profit Organization Code: 82585. Ralphs will donate a %age of your purchases to Venice FMC. More details in the main hallway at the church.
2. Help us purchase office supplies when you make your own purchases at Staples. Use our Rewards Number, 0281632695, and we get credit!!
3. Shop at Amazon? Go to smile.amazon.com and get the same stuff for the same price, plus get your regular Prime benefits if you have Prime. (Prime membership is not necessary.). Amazon will give us 0.5% of each purchase! Here is our link if you want to designate us as your non-profit organization: smile.amazon.com/ch/95-6072626. Thank you!Take advantage of our newly improved Church Library (room 6). There are many great resources (books/DVDs/CDs) to check out so…..check it out!
We’re looking for MUSICIANS who are passionate about worship and want to serve the Lord through their giftings. Please contact Mariah Maxwell at email@example.com or 301-908-9046 if interested.
Our 2017 Offering Envelopes (OEs) are available now in the main hallway (If you do not already receive OEs and would like to, please see an usher or call the church office (310) 822-8094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Pick up “Light & Life” & “Our Daily Bread” free in the narthex.
The VJCC requests that we park ONLY along the EAST wall of the lot (see flyer) on Sunday mornings. If your car blocks someone, leave your name & cell phone # on your windshield and leave your cell phone on vibrate just in case someone needs you during the service. Thank you!
TWO COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
NO LONGER BOUND: Info in narthex re: Abortion Recovery Ministry.
JOBS: Bill Pike has opportunities on his webpage at mywritingresources.com. Select the military veteran center link on the right side of the page (u don’t have to be a veteran) & click the shortcut with the flame to the Hot Jobs PDF. Contact Bill for more details at email@example.com.
Have a ministry idea? See the pastors or any Official or Council Board member.